Feb 18 2015 |
Author: Christen |
Registration is now open to all for CAFB's 2015 Conference!
It's not just for food bankers! Registration for CAFB's anti-hunger conference is now open to CAFB members, food pantries, anti-hunger organizations and advocates, corporate and private foundations, and anyone else who wants to help end hunger in California. This broad range of stakeholders will join CAFB and our members as we discuss critical hunger and nutrition issues and strengthen our commitment to building a healthy, hunger-free California.
This year, attendees can expect to:
- Participate in workshops covering everything from disaster preparedness to policy advocacy
- Hear Abby J. Leibman, President & CEO of MAZON, speak on the topic of food as a human right
- Network with peers, government officials, and important partners
- Explore the connections between hunger, poverty and health
- Build skills for emergency food delivery, advocacy, and client service
- Collaborate with peers to develop innovative solutions for addressing issues related to hunger and nutrition
- ...and more!
A schedule and descriptions of workshops will be available soon. (In the meantime, check out our conference archives, where you can access over two dozen workshop presentations on topics including food bank operations, community health and nutrition, fundraising, and much, much more.)
Registration is open to all! Any questions about attending or sponsoring the conference can be directed to Beatrice Kilat, Beatrice@cafoodbanks.org, (510) 350-9906.
CAFB Members Only - Early Bird Registration (before 3/20): $175
Non-CAFB Members - Regular Registration: $200
Single Day Registration: $150