Aug 29 2017 |
Author: Daniela |
While it may seem like fall is a far off concept and end of year giving a mile away, the truth is it is almost fall. Planning year-end giving may feel intimidating, but we've pulled together this list of helpful development focused webinars. A special thank you to the blog Wild Apricot, for the inspiration.
When: Every Monday, 10:00 am
How are nonprofit professionals jump starting their week with purpose? Join us for Motivate Monday where:
- Every Monday we share your wins
- Feature a special guest with a quick tip to get your week started right
- And close with a Q&A session
When: September 6, 11:30 am
With great landing pages, your donors, volunteers, and supporters are 10 times more likely to donate, sign up, register or engage with your nonprofit. With #GivingTuesday just around the corner, now is the perfect time to make sure you have the tools to run a successful campaign. In this session, we will share real-world examples of landing pages that every nonprofit should have and what we have learned from studying the best practices of hundreds of nonprofits, including:
- What are landing pages and why we should care.
- The biggest landing page mistakes and how to avoid them.
- How to build perfect landing pages.
- 13 types of landing pages your organization should have.
When: September 6, 11:30 am
Does your organization need help to direct its fundraising efforts? Planning focuses your organization by setting fundraising priorities and helps give staff and board members a roadmap to success.
This introductory class will provide you the basic steps for developing a fundraising plan, including tips on:
- Making your case for support
- Diversifying your organization’s fundraising base
- Creating a plan of action
When: September 7, 10:00 am
Join us and learn about building donor relations that have a solid foundation, that keep donors engaged, that create interest, and ultimately, that result in donor retention. Get a look at donor relations through the eyes of your donor and explore how to search for, identify, and cultivate ideal prospects in ways that will grow your donor base.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the role relationship-building plays in a nonprofit’s fundraising success.
- Practice strategies for productive interactions with donors and potential donors.
- Identify methods for building lasting relationships with your donors.
When: September 7 and a repeat September 13
Need volunteers? Save yourself huge amounts of stress, time and energy by joining us for this proven step by step guide to successfully finding, recruiting and managing special event volunteers.
You'll learn from this Live Webinar:
- How to set the foundation to increase volunteer participation
- Setting up your volunteer recruitment to boost pre-event buzz
- How to identify and engage others to help you spread the word
- Preparing volunteers for success
- Managing volunteers on event day(s) so you aren’t stuck doing it all
- How to follow up and keep your volunteers coming back
- And MORE!
When: September 7, 11:00 am
We’re here as your trail guides for all things #GivingTuesday (or GT for short). We’ve got the maps, the bug spray and the snacks. Follow us and you’ll be only steps away from a successful November 28.
Join Salesforce.org and industry thought leaders, Rachel Muir and Mark Rovner, on September 7th at 11am PT/2pm ET for a thought-provoking panel on how to survive and strive on #GivingTuesday.
When: 7:00 am
I can just see you now. You’re at work in a meeting with colleagues when someone mentions a capital campaign. They nod their heads and agree a capital campaign should be discussed in detail, but later. And your meeting moves on. Now it’s 8 months later, the capital campaign is a constant item of discussion but there's been practically no regard for the huge fundraising effort needed to succeed.
Fundraising managers know advanced planning is essential to achieving targets in an annual fundraising program. But many fundraising managers disregard this wisdom when it comes to planning a capital campaign.
Following on from a highly-regarded AFP Conference session, this webinar you'll learn how to start planning for a Capital Campaign one year before your feasibility study. Learn what critical items to get started on early to position your capital campaign for success!
When: September 11, 8:00 am and repeat on September 12, 4:00 pm
Join fundraising expert, Cindy Wagman as she presents a free fundraising webinar for small nonprofits. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Discover the number one mindset shift that will unlock your inner fundraising superpower and get you excited about fundraising
- Learn how you can find donors all around you
- Figure out how to know if someone is a good potential donor (and when to move on if they’re not)
- Get to "yes" before you even ask!
- Raise more money for the important work you're doing to change the world
When: September 12, 11:00 am
Introducing e-gagement™ the Science of Engagement married to the Art of Relationship Fundraising to help you raise more gifts, more quickly, at less cost, with happier donors. You’ll learn:
- How to engage more donors more deeply using email and websites than you ever could face to face.
- How to get better and more accurate information on your major donors without paying for research.
- To build deeper relationships and secure more Major Gifts and Legacy Gifts by automating the Engagement process.
When: September 13, 11:00 am
Corporate grantmakers are different from traditional foundations in many ways. This class provides a basic overview of:
- The different types of corporate giving
- What motivates corporations to give
- How to find potential corporate partners
When: September 13, 12:00 pm
Thanking donors is the one thing most nonprofits do not spend enough time thinking about. They focus more on the gift than the giver. It’s the Pareto 80/20 rule in reverse: 80% of the time is spent in acquisition mode— crafting the fundraising appeal, getting embroiled in design, layout, printing, postage and project management. Only 20% of the time goes towards a focus on building the relationship that will cause that donor to give again. As a result of this short-sighted approach, nonprofits, on average, are losing 81% of first-time donors and 54% of ongoing donors. It’s a time-sucking, resource-wasting treadmill. Appeals are duly sent. Gifts arrive. But then what?!
After you’ve sent out your appeal is too late to start thinking about what your thank you letter or email will say. Or who will sign it. Or whether someone who donates online will also receive an actual letter. Or thank you call. Or who will make the call. Everything must be well thought-out in advance. You must be ready to go with different templates and strategies for different target audiences well before you’ve asked for your first donation. This webinar will help you think through your thank you process, put procedures in writing and get others on board.
When: September 14, 12:00 pm
Every day, small nonprofits successfully ask for and receive major gifts to support their work. Join us for a one-hour webinar with Joe Garecht as he discusses effective major gift fundraising for small organizations. You'll discover how to:
- Find major donor prospects
- Cast a large vision that inspires action from major donors
- Cultivate and steward major donors with a limited staff and budget
- Make successful asks to major donors
Your nonprofit does great work and deserves to raise the money it needs to thrive. Join this webinar to learn how to succeed at major donor fundraising, no matter the size of your organization.
When: September 20, 8:00 am
Have you been looking for a unicorn? Do you think it’s too hard to find diverse candidates to join your fundraising team so you’ve just stopped looking? Being about to attract, recruit and retain professionals of color to fundraising shops big and small means looking at hiring and retention practices through and equity lens; not just a diversity lens.
In a world full of lots of demand for diverse talent but seemingly little supply where everyone is worn out; come and find out how to stop singing that old song and learn a new one. You will learn strategies to take home and implement tomorrow on how to attract, recruit and retain professionals of color to your development team.
When: September 20, 8:00 am
Are you new to grant writing? This free 90-minute webinar for TechSoup's audience (normally $69!) will help you prepare the basic documents needed to write compelling letters of inquiry and grant proposals.
Participants come away with a clear picture of exactly what documents they should have on hand and how to polish and present these documents in order to submit successful grants requests. Why not make your first grant proposals not only a joy to write, but also make them stand out from other submissions?
When: September 21, 10:00 am
Digital is different. For one thing, it can move and speak (video). For another, it’s action-oriented: people click a lot; they read very little. Tom Ahern will cover today’s best practices in this ever-evolving world.
When: September 26, 10:00 am
Join co-hosts Cindy Wagman, President of The Good Partnership and Brock Warner, Senior Manager of Fundraising at War Child Canada for a free webinar where you’ll learn:
- Learn what a donor journey is and how it can apply to small nonprofits
- Where to start with creating a donor journey
- The most important things to focus on for impact
When: September 26, 10:00 am
If you build it, they will come - right? Not so in the fast-moving, noisy, and cluttered online landscape! Once you have designed an online fundraising campaign, how will you get people to pay attention? Simply sending out one or two emails is not enough!
In this free 45-minute webinar, you’ll learn tactics to use your website, email list, and social media channels to promote your online fundraising campaign and achieve your goals!
- How to use video in your online fundraising campaign
- A Campaign Calendar you can adapt and use at your nonprofit
- Several free and low-cost ways to promote your campaign
- Examples from small and mid-sized nonprofits who have successfully raised money online