COVID-19 Resources & Information
California Association of Food Banks and its food bank members continue to work to ensure that our most vulnerable communities have consistent and safe access to nutritious food. Our food banks are putting solutions in place that will mitigate potential disruptions to their programs and services during this national emergency.
Our food bank network remains committed to keeping critical food resources moving to people who need them. We remain committed to providing them with the latest information, resources, and guidance. We are monitoring this evolving crisis and responding to ensure we are following the guidelines and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local health department.
The California Association of Food Banks ensures that food banks get what they need to do what they do best: feed our communities.
- Here is a list of food assistance resources
- Here's a statewide hotline for resources & information: 833-544-2374
- Find a food bank (then contact them for pantry information)
- Apply for CalFresh
- Volunteer now: See what food banks need volunteers
- Donate to a food bank: Find a food bank
- Donate to the California Association of Food Banks
- How is COVID-19 Spread?
- COVID-19 FAQ
- Learn How to Protect Yourself
- Como Protegerse
- Plain Language COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations (long version here)
- Spanish Plain Language COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations (long version here)
- FRAUD ALERT: USDA Warns of Scams Targeting SNAP Recipients
- COVID-19 Information for CalFresh Advocates
- Immigration & COVID-19
- COVID-19 Prevention Practice for Food Banks & Food Pantries
- COVID-19 Resources for California's Nonprofits
- Community Resources available if you are impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Recursos disponibles si se ve afectado por el Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans
- CDC Factsheet: What you need to know about COVID-1
Translations Arabic | Bengali | French | German | Hindi | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Mandarin Chinese | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Turkish | Vietnamese
- USDA guidance on Pandemic EBT, meal delivery, school meals, and more
- California Department of Social Service (CDSS) guidance summary
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) mass gathering guidance updated 3/18/2020
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) general guidance
- TEFAP guidance on waiving signatures
- COVID-19 Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Option (SSO) Meal Delivery Using Existing Authority