Federal Anti-Hunger Priorities
- Protect and strengthen SNAP and all federal nutrition programs.
- Improve SNAP benefit adequacy: re-evaluate the Thrifty Food plan as authorized in the 2018 Farm Bill, remove the Excess Shelter Deduction cap, and any other opportunity to increase allotments.
- Ensure access to SNAP and the nutrition safety net for all income eligible Californians.
- Support Disaster SNAP’s structure of rapid response as a vital backstop to hunger following disaster, needed more than ever during California’s wildfires and mudslides.
Federal Policy Priorities
Federal Attacks on CalFresh / SNAP
- Standard Utility Allowance (SUA) proposed rule change
- Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWD) proposed rule change
- Categorical Eligibility proposed rule change
- Government Shutdown
- Public Charge proposed rule change